How To Keep Your Handpan/Pantam Looking Brand New?
How to keep your pantam looking brand new at all times?
Music is like medicine to the soul. It has been the companion of man ever since time immemorial. In ancient times, music and musical instruments were valuable possession, and playing them was a blessed skill. One of the most significant and modern-day yet underrated musical instrument is the pantam. The pantam instrument is also known as the hand pan or steel drum. It is very widely popular in the Caribbean states. These concave-shaped pans that resemble the drums today include two half-shells made up of steel sheets. This musical instrument is played using hands and fingers. The sound resembles a harp and bells combined. It came into existence in 2000 and has become a popular mode of music ever since then.
So, if you are a diverse player and listener of music instruments and own a pantam or have decided to purchase it, the below-mentioned maintenance tips will help you keep your pantam instrument in good shape throughout the years.
- Every music instrument needs to be taken care of, and pantam is no different. You have to remember three things while practicing care. It should be cleaned, protected and then treated against forming rust.
- When wiping the pantam, always use microfiber or soft and clean clothes. Avoid using moist and damp clothes. If you have sweaty hands, wear gloves and do the cleaning.
- One can use some drops of alcohol or surgical spirit that is diluted in water to clean your pantam. Although one can use oils, one should refrain from doing so.
- Always keep your pantam in a cool and dry place, free from any dust or dirt. While most pantam are rustproof, it is essential to take care of them to prevent rust formation at times.
- If you see some rusting in your pantam, get with the cleaning right away. After you clean the area, remove the rust and wipe it clean. Then you can apply a few drops of phoenix oil or any other recommended ones and then wipe it off with another dry cloth again.
- Your pantam should be cleaned occasionally from time to time. You can practice the cleaning session once or twice a month and keep checking for rust and other damages in the pantam frequently.
Therefore, learning a new musical instrument is a great way to enhance the mind's cognitive processes. Moreover, if you have a soft spot for new musical innovations, learning the pantam instrument will be highly beneficial for your body, mind and soul. Pantam is not just any other regular music instrument. It is a unique one with healing properties as well.
You will be surprised to know that the sounds of the pantam are used for yoga and meditation sessions. So, if you are suffering from any mental health-related issues such as anxiety, depression, stress or even PTSD, vibrations of the pantam can soothe the mind and provide you with the much-needed peace that you want.